How can we help you today?
- I don’t know where to start
- I want information on what palliative care is available in my community
- I want information on how to manage my disease
- I need physical care and support
- I’m a caregiver and am looking for resources
- I’m looking for spiritual guidance
- How do I talk to my family about this?
- How do we plan for the last stages of care?
- I need to talk to someone about the loss and grief I am experiencing
- How do I plan a funeral?
“My wife has incurable cancer. She has made this community her home for over 40 years. This is her home. Why does she have to go to Calgary to die?”
Too often, patients and their families feel isolated and alone during the end of life care in large hospitals where their families need to travel long distances. The sadness and frustration of these families facing terminal illness has touched the residents of the Bow Valley.
We dream of one day having a home-like venue where medical therapies can be administered surrounded by family and friends. In the meantime, there are many resources available to help you.
What is the purpose of this website?
We are here to help you plan in advance of a terminal illness, and to navigate the unsettled waters of hospice palliative care in a complex heath care system. We want you to know what help is available and that you are not alone.
who will this website help?
Residents of the Bow Valley who want to plan their health care in advance, and those who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Caregivers, family members, friends, and health care providers may also find it useful.
WHAT IS PALLIATIVE CARE?
Palliative Care is the care provided to those with a life-limiting illness to provide comfort, relieve the suffering and offer family support while improving the quality of life for both the patient and their family.